Monday, May 10, 2010

may 5, 2001

my husband and i just celebrated our 9th anniversary last week. we alternate who plans the anniversary, one year he does it, the following year i do. (we do the same with valentines day) i have to say it's nice having a "year off" and being able to have the planning done and being surprised.


we got married in napa valley, california, and it couldn't have been more perfect. wait, yes it could have. we could have had another photographer since ours was complete crap. she was the worst--captured none of the special moments, nothing spontaneous, scared our adorable nephew who was the ring bearer and managed to piss-off my mother-in-law who looks like she wants to punch somebody in most of the photos. so let this be a lesson to you brides in the throes of planning: GET personal references and actually call them.

the wedding ceremony was at a little chapel nestled between wineries and the reception was at v. sattui winery, with cocktail hour outside in the garden and dinner and dancing in the barrel cellar.

here are some photos from my special day. the photos are not my favorite (see above reference to crap photographer) but that said, it was the best day of my life (outside of the birth of my children).

                             The cover of our wedding invitation.


V. Sattui Winery, St. Helena, California

Peter and I in front of "our" chapel, Rutherford, Napa Valley

If you squint really hard you can see my bouquet which is next to the cake. It was made entirely with stephanotis. 

                                                                    
The courtyard at V. Sattui.

 
The ringbearer and the bagpiper (that sounds like the title of a foreign film). My father was a big fan of the bagpipes and we had one play to honor him.

My mother, brother and I. My brother had just finished his last round of chemo hence the baldness. (Update: 9 years later he's still cancer free and back to being a pain-in-the-rear).

Reception in the barrel cellar.


  
We had Polish dancers perform traditional dances and Polish wedding rituals. One involves my catching apples in the apron they placed around me. The number of apples the bride catches signifies the number of children the couple will have. The look on my face (above right photo) is in reaction to the 7 apples I caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment